Saturday, February 9, 2013

Some examples of why the US is in so much trouble:

BOB CHARLES HAS SAID MANY TIMES OUR GOVERNMENT HAS NO IDEA OF HOW TO RUN A COUNTRY ....

WHAT YOU WILL READ YOU VOTED FOR

Washington DC  Airport Ticket Agent
   
   
A Washington DC  airport ticket agent offers some examples of why  the US is in so much trouble:
1.
I had a New Hampshire  Congresswoman (Carol Shea-Porter) ask for an  aisle seat so that her hair wouldn't get messed  up by being near the window. (On an  airplane!)
2.
I got  a call from a Kansas Congressman's (Moore)  staffer (Howard Bauleke), who wanted to go to  Cape Town. I started to explain the length of  the flight and the passport information, and  then he interrupted me with, ''I'm not trying to  make you look stupid, but Cape Town is in  Massachusetts.''

Without trying to make  him look stupid, I calmly explained, ''Cape Cod  is in Massachusetts, Cape Town is in South  Africa.''
His response --  click.

3.
A  senior Vermont Congressman (Bernie Sanders)  called, furious about a Florida package we did.  I asked what was wrong with the vacation in  Orlando. He said he was expecting an ocean-view  room. I tried to explain that's not possible,  since Orlando is in the middle of the  state.

He replied, 'Don't lie to me! I  looked on the map, and Florida is a very THIN  state!!'' (OMG)

4.
I  got a call from a lawmaker's wife (Landra Reid)  who asked, ''Is it possible to see England from  Canada?''

I said, ''No.''

She  said, ''But they look so close on the map''  (OMG, again!)

5.
An  aide for a cabinet member (Janet Napolitano)  once called and asked if he could rent a car in  Dallas. I pulled up the reservation and noticed  he had only a 1-hour layover in Dallas. When I  asked him why he wanted to rent a car, he said,  ''I heard Dallas was a big airport, and we will  need a car to drive between gates to save  time.'' (Aghhhh)
6.
An  Illinois Congresswoman (Jan Schakowsky) called  last week. She needed to know how it was  possible that her flight from Detroit left at  8:30 a.m., and got to Chicago at 8:33  a.m.

I explained that Michigan was an  hour ahead of Illinois, but she couldn't  understand the concept of time zones. Finally, I  told her the plane went fast, and she bought  that.

7.
A  New York lawmaker, (Jerrold Nadler) called and  asked, ''Do airlines put your physical  description on your bag so they know whose  luggage belongs to whom?'' I said, 'No, why do  you ask?'

He replied, ''Well, when I  checked in with the airline, they put a tag on  my luggage that said (FAT), and I'm overweight.  I think that's very rude!''

After putting  him on hold for a minute, while I looked into  it. (I was dying laughing). I came back and  explained the city code for Fresno, Ca. is (FAT  - Fresno Air Terminal), and the airline was just  putting a destination tag on his  luggage.

8.
A  Senator John Kerry aide (Lindsay Ross) called to  inquire about a trip package to Hawaii. After  going over all the cost info, she asked, ''Would  it be cheaper to fly to California and then take  the train to Hawaii ?''
9.
I  just got off the phone with a freshman  Congressman, Bobby Bright from Ala. who asked,  ''How do I know which plane to get  on?''

I asked him what exactly he meant,  to which he replied, ''I was told my flight  number is 823, but none of these planes have  numbers on them.''

10.
Senator  Dianne Feinstein called and said, ''I need to  fly to Pepsi-Cola, Florida. Do I have to get on  one of those little computer planes?''

I  asked if she meant fly to Pensacola and fly on a  commuter plane.

She said, ''Yeah,  whatever, smarty!''

11.
Mary  Landrieu, La. Senator, called and had a question  about the documents she needed in order to fly  to China. After a lengthy discussion about  passports, I reminded her that she needed a  visa. "Oh, no I don't. I've been to China many  times and never had to have one of  those.''

I double checked and sure  enough, her stay required a visa. When I told  her this she said, ''Look, I've been to China  four times and every time they have accepted my  American Express!''

12.
A  New Jersey Congressman (John Adler) called to  make reservations, ''I want to go from Chicago  to Rhino, New York .''

I was at a loss  for words. Finally, I said, ''Are you sure  that's the name of the town?''
'Yes, what  flights do you have?'' replied the  man.
 After some  searching, I came back with, ''I'm sorry, sir,  I've looked up every airport code in the country  and can't find a rhino anywhere."

''The  man retorted, ''Oh, don't be silly! Everyone  knows where it is. Check your map!''

So I  scoured a map of the state of New York and  finally offered, ''You don't mean Buffalo, do  you?''

The reply? ''Whatever! I knew it  was a big animal.''
 
Now you know  why the Government is in the shape it's  in!

I don't write it, I just offer  it for your consideration. Like manure, you just  gotta spread it  around.


No comments:

Post a Comment