Having recently been in Edinburgh I took the fleeting opportunity to do some dowsing to confirm some suspicions I had about the position of some ley lines that I had been mapping with the help of Google Maps. I had been reading Robin Heath‘s book “Powerpoints” a month or so ago, and in that book Robin mentions a geometric arrangement of powerful leys that are linked by the ‘artificial’ and ‘modern’ capital cities of the British Isles – Cardiff, London and Edinburgh.
Whilst in Edinburgh I visited the castle. I was standing on the esplanade before going in when I became increasingly fascinated with the hill that dominated the skyline. I had seen this hill from our hotel window but now that it was closer I could see that it actually formed part Edinburgh itself – the city was shaped around the hill. I used my mapping applications to find out the name of the hill. It came as no surprise to me when I saw the the object of my obsessive fascination was called “Arthur’s Seat“. Well, well. That was been the story of my year, really.
The Seat of Arthur
Arthur’s Seat is a fascinating hill in so many ways. Firstly because it is an extinct volcano, secondly that it has been inhabited for thousands of years, thirdly that it attracted the nomenclature that it has, and finally because it has attracted in modern times a quite macabre connotation with sensational murders. Its more prosaic history is thus:
A hill fort occupies the summit of Arthur’s Seat and the subsidiary hill, Crow Hill.[8]
Hill fort defences are visible round the main massif of Arthur’s Seat at Dunsapie Hill and above Samson’s Ribs, in the latter cases certainly of prehistoric date. These forts are likely to have been centres of power of the Votadini, who were the subject of the poem Y Gododdin which is thought to have been written about 600 AD in their hillfort on Edinburgh castle crag. The poem includes a simile comparing a warrior to King Arthur which (if not a later addition) may be one of the earliest references to Arthur, and hints at a possibility that his fame might have led to one of the hillforts — and, subsequently, the hill — being named after him. (source: Wikipedia)

Arthur's Seat is the meeting point of two national scale leys
I left it at that during the visit to Edinburgh, but when I got home I began to check my triangle of leys that included the infamous Rose Line of which Robin Heath had made me aware. When I had mapped the lines there was one aspect that I couldn’t determine - exactly where did the lines terminate? I had a feeling that Cardiff Castle was one terminus, and this had recently been backed up by reading “The Seventh Sword” by Andrew Collins, because it turns out that Cardiff Castle is a hot-spot of energy and masonic and magical design. Well, that was one point, but what about Edinburgh? When I looked at where I had terminated the Scottish part of the line I realised that I had stopped it some hundred metres away from Arthur’s Seat. When I extended the line fully to touch the hill’s summit suddenly the line went exactly through the famous Templar church of Rosslyn Chapel to the south. Now I knew I had got the correct terminus point of this North-South Rose Line.

The dimensions of this national triangular ley line formation are that oddly recurrant set of numbers: 5, 12 and 13. This is a special type of right-angled triangle of the Pythagorean variety, and it has been called a “Lunation Triangle” by Robin Heath and others, as it contains the measurements and relationship of the solar and lunar months [this site describes this clearly].  In his book “Powerpoints” Heath goes on the raise the question as to why Cardiff, London and Edinburgh were chosen as the capitals of their respective countries when tradition had it that capitals were chosen by being the most central point in the country’s land mass. In modern times it seems that the capital has become a south-easterly point that allows this sacred relationship of 5:12:13 to exist between the cities and thus link the countries in a unified triangular ley line structure of divine proportions.
Further mythological links
Having found that there is an Arthurian link with the terminus point of the lines in Edinburgh I became interested in finding out whether any of the other points had similar links. Cardiff is one of the places that may lay claim to being the birthplace of an historical figure associated with the name King Arthur (see this link for more speculation on that). The link is quite tenuous, though, and considering the number of places in these islands that have Arthurian links one might have expected the link to be much stronger if Cardiff was chosen for its Arthurian link, so I suspect that there is something else behind the choice of Cardiff Castle as the terminus point, or I have got the endpoint wrong. Andrew Collins claims that Cardiff Castle has strong Rosicrucian links via the Earl of Bute, the owner who commissioned the major restoration work that included lots of masonic and magical symbols into the fabric of the castle’s rooms. For me, this was sufficient a link for the Rose Line, but the Arthurian connection was still tenuous.
In terms of the London end of the line, those who have determined the Lunation Triangle through surveying and measurement would have the line terminate at an innocuous point within Kensington and Chelsea. At the moment I am going with Robin Heath’s suggestion of a crossroads near Stamford Bridge stadium – the home of Chelsea Football Club. I can find no connection whatsoever with anything related to any Arthurian character at that point, however. I am going to investigate this further, but I think I need a spell of on-the-ground dowsing in London to find a terminus point that has some energetic or mythological connection.
The Rose Line
If you draw a line between Arthur’s Seat in Edinburgh and Cardiff Castle that is 308 miles long then you will have demarcated a line that has come to be known as The Rose Line – an energy ley that connects many places whose names begin with “Red”, “Ros” or “Rhos”. There are all of the usual ley line features too, such as hills, churches and country estates and houses, of course. Let’s look a a brief list of the most obvious places on the Rose Line:

Rhosesmor
Dinas Bran
Glanusk Estate
Site of the Green Man Festival
Roa Island
Roosebeck
Rosside
Rosthwaite
Red Dial
Rosslyn Chapel
Rosewell
Rosthwaite
Roosecote
Rhosgoch
I find it particularly interesting that this line goes straight through the infamous Rosslyn Chapel. An interesting aspect for me is that I spent some time at The Green Man Festival this year and that site was on the Rose Line! An amazing coincidence, I feel. There is still a lot of work to do to firm up the terminus points for the other side of the triangle – the London connection – and then to confirm whether any other sacred sites exist along the axes. I hope to do that soon, given that the Winter weather will soon be upon us and travel will be difficult.
Let’s see whether any of the other parts of the triangle are as convincing as Arthur’s Seat and the Rose Line!
Gwas.